Tenancy Support

The Tenancy Support service is available to all Melville tenants and is delivered by Community Help and Advice Initiative (CHAI). CHAI is based in Edinburgh and has a long track record of supporting people across the Lothians.

If you would like help from tenancy support please contact your housing officer.

The service is free, voluntary and strictly confidential.

What kind of support can I get?

Tenancy Support helps tenants live comfortably in their homes. The support they provide includes:

  • help finding furniture
  • help with safety and security
  • dealing with letters
  • training and employment support
  • dealing with neighbour disputes
  • help claiming benefits
  • resolving relationship and family issues
  • managing debts and paying bills
  • registering with a GP/dentist
  • reporting repairs
  • medication reminders
  • access to other services
  • assistance with shopping 

Making a complaint about Tenancy Support

Melville's Tenancy Support service is registered with the Care Inspectorate. If you wish to make a comment or complaint about Tenancy Support service you can do so through the Care Inspectorate website or you can contact them at:

Care Inspectorate
Stuart House
EH21 7PB

Tel: 0131 653 4100 or 0845 600 9527

Explore Melville Housing Association

Awards and CertificationsHomepage logos x 3