Making Changes to Your Home

We are happy for you to make improvements to your home but when these changes are significant, you will first need to fill in an alterations form. You can find guidance to help you at the foot of this page.

What are significant changes?

Significant changes include:

  • Carrying out a conversion
  • Replacing the central heating
  • Fitting a new kitchen or bathroom
  • Fitting artex or other textured treatments to walls or ceilings
  • Making major external changes such as putting in a driveway, or building a garage, shed or pigeon loft
  • Decorating the outside of your house

If in doubt, please speak to Property Services.

Further information

To make sure that your application is dealt with as quickly as possible, please provide as much detail as you can such as:

Outbuildings Include plans, building warrants/planning consent, and give size and details of materials used in construction
Conversions Include plans, building warrants/planning consent, and give accomodation (number of rooms etc) both before and after conversion
Central heating Include plans and for boiler and radiators give manufacturer, type, number and position
Others Include plans and give as much detail as possible

Explore Melville Housing Association

Awards and CertificationsHomepage logos x 3