How to Report a Repair
Making Changes to Your Home
We are happy for you to make improvements to your home but when these changes are significant, you will first need to fill in an alterations form. You can find guidance to help you at the foot of this page.
What are significant changes?
Significant changes include:
- Carrying out a conversion
- Replacing the central heating
- Fitting a new kitchen or bathroom
- Fitting artex or other textured treatments to walls or ceilings
- Making major changes to the garden such as building a garage, shed or pigeon loft
- Decorating the outside of your house
If in doubt, please speak to Property Services.
To make sure that your application is dealt with as quickly as possible, please provide as much detail as you can such as:
|Outbuildings||Include plans, building warrants/planning consent, and give size and details of materials used in construction|
|Conversions||Include plans, building warrants/planning consent, and give accomodation (number of rooms etc) both before and after conversion|
|Central heating||Include plans and for boiler and radiators give manufacturer, type, number and position|
|Others||Include plans and give as much detail as possible|